BNN Stats: Does Age Matter?
Monday, December 29th, 2042
Here is a list of the oldest players in the United States Silver League...
Javier Desdin, LV, 39 years, 221 days
Javier Sánchez, VAN, 38 years, 302 days
Hugh Mungus, BUC, 38 years, 194 days
Count Dante, FTW, 38 years, 127 days
Tae-cho Han, FTW, 38 years, 30 days
SL News: Draft Pool Revealed
Friday, December 26th, 2042
The 2042 amateur draft pool was published today with barely a mention on BNN. But then, fans rarely get drawn into amateur drafts. The players are not known commodities and they're not tangible, recognizable names. They might be five years down the road, but casual fans don't get sucked in by "might be," they get excited about what is happening in the here and now. Over the next 30 days, scouts will assess their possibilities, run mock drafts and formulate their plans.
To help them, United States Silver League has posted an interactive draft section on its Transactions page, which will be available for 65 days before draft day.
The top players available (in no particular order) seem to be:
1. Dan Barnes, 20 year-old RHP out of college.
2. Tommy Raines, 21 year-old CF out of college.
3. Coy Stewart, 18 year-old RHP out of high-school.
4. Tom Johnston, 17 year-old LHP out of high-school.
5. Patrick Saunders, 17 year-old RHP out of high-school.
6. Clint Burnett, 18 year-old CF out of high-school.
7. Everett Pratt, 18 year-old RHP out of high-school.
8. Byron McCormick, 21 year-old RHP out of college.
9. Pat Lee, 21 year-old RHP out of college.
10. Jimmy DeCourey, 18 year-old LHP out of high-school.
You can find the draft pool in the league transactions screen (league menu).
BNN Stats: Single-Season Records
Monday, December 22nd, 2042
Who holds the single season record in the United States Silver League for batting AVG?
Don Brown, NV, .4242, 2014
Jonas van Claveren, LI, .4005, 2037
Michael Neely, MON, .3947, 2016
Bartolo Soto, NASH, .3831, 2041
Mike Silver, PORT, .3770, 2015